Service Technician License
|October 27, 2021|
Through the efforts of the Executive Committee along with John Sieger, PECA Past President and the total cooperation of the NJDEP, we are glad to inform you that the newly established NJ Service Technician License is now a reality.
We have received confirmation from the NJDEP along with an outline of procedures to be undertaken in order to obtain the license for an individual as well as for the Corporations/Firms.
Below is the outline received along with the attachments that are needed to obtain said license.
To become licensed:
1. For initial license:
Submit the individual application: include the $50 fee, list of experience, manufacturers certifications, OSHA certification, passing ICC – NJ Service Technician exam. Once approved, pay the $375 license fee. UST certification class, either proof you took the class in the last 12 months or must take it in the next 12 months.
2. For people already licensed and adding this category:
Submit the individual application: include the $30 modification fee, list of experience, manufacturers certifications, OSHA certification, passing ICC – NJ Service Technician exam. Your license expiration will stay the same. UST certification class is required to be taken within the 12 months before your next renewal.
1. For initial licenses or firms without a current Installation – Entire category: Submit the firm application with insurance and certifying officers for all categories; $50 modification fee.
2. For firms currently holding an Installation – Entire license. Submit the firm application with insurance and certifying officers for all categories; no modification fee.
1. Description of license work. View Attachment.
2. Individual Application. View Attachment.
3. Instructions to register with ICC for the NJ-Service Technician exam. View Attachment.
4. Firm Application – if a company has Installation-Entire and are adding Installation – Service Technician the modification fee will be waived. View Attachment.
Paper copies are required for obtaining a license. People can either mail them in or drop them off (call first).
We are anticipating a lot of applications, they will be processed in the order they are received. If you have questions, please reach out.
Main Office Number (609) 633-1205
Jenna DiNuzzo (609) 672-1309
Chrissy Gerstnicker (609) 292-4861
Please note the following:
1. Paper copies are required for the licensing process, as outlined above. So please do not EMAIL your applications or supporting documents into the NJDEP as they will not be accepted and it would delay your process.
2. PECA is willing to put on an Exam Preparation class for any interested individuals to attend. This will not serve to satisfy any of the NJDEP educational requirements, but would serve as a preparatory/refresher course for exam preparation.
There will be a small charge for this course to cover the room/food costs, and it will depend on the number of attendees. If you are interested in attending such a class, please respond to me by return. Time & Date will be announced after receipt of your responses.
Sam A. Saba
Executive Director PECA